The Landesspracheninstitut (LSI) at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum is once again running specialised, highly intensive courses in German as a foreign language, which are intended in particular for students who are native speakers of Russian. The courses are offered exclusively for students of the partner universities as part of the International Consortium for the Study of German Language and Culture. During the two-week stay at LSI, not only are highly qualified German lessons taught by native German and Russian speakers, but also complementary regional studies events (lecture and discussion), three excursions with cultural, historical and economic topics are offered.
- for students at level A2/B1 (2nd/3rd year of study) see course date I
The aim of this course is to reach the B1 level.
- for students at level B1/B2 (3rd / 4th year of study) see course date II
The learning objective of this course is the complete achievement of level B2.
Scope of the course
The teaching and study programme comprises 100 teaching units within two weeks:
- 70 teaching units (TU) of 45 minutes each (language and regional studies)
- 10 lessons Excursions
- 20 UE Independent work and project preparation
Each day includes 8 - 10 hours of instruction and independent work.
Subjects and topics
- Thematic development of the oral speech
- Practical (contrastive) grammar of German and error correction
- Stylistics and idiomatics of German
- Translation exercises Russian - German
- Lectures and exercises on current aspects of German history, society and economy
- Film evenings with discussion
- Teaching excursions (Bochum museums, visits to neighbouring cities and business enterprises, excursion to Cologne, Münster or Düsseldorf)
to be confirmed
to be confirmed
Course fee (including excursions): 800 euros (students)
reduced: 500 Euro ( 1st - 12th course place)
Accommodation single/double room at LSI (breakfast included):
380 euros (students)
For booking both courses: 1.400,- Euro (reduced: 1.000 Euro)
Accommodation: 760 Euro (reduced: 600 Euro)
Number of participants
minimum 12 persons, maximum 15 persons
Subject to change without notice.