The LSI web-based learning platform
The Personal Learning Environment LSI.online stands for the ideal combination of essential requirements and values in foreign language learning: freedom and proximity. You are free to choose your personal learning path, your learning pace, the choice of texts, topics and areas of interest. Your individual knowledge will also be taken into account. Freedom in learning is complemented by transparent courses and exercises, learning and working aids. Comprehensive interactivity of the learning environment creates proximity to the new language. You develop individual approaches to structures, meanings, text contents and forms of communication. With tutorial assistance, accompanied learning via video conferencing or Skype, speech skills can also be developed intensively.
LSI.online gives your learning a clear goal orientation and thus increases the efficiency of the time invested. You avoid everything time-consuming or unneeded in language learning thanks to the integrated knowledge and learning resources. The LSI.online concept does not focus on imitation, but on understanding the foreign language, the basis for its application-oriented and competent use in practical communication.
LSI.online offers numerous courses for autonomous learning and/or blended learning in Russian, German (as a foreign language) and Chinese from beginner to advanced level. For Arabic, Japanese and Korean, LSI.online offers blended learning courses in combination with LSI classroom courses.
LSI.online: The Facts
- Course diversity - 300 complex learning units are available
- Topic-oriented learning - history, society, politics, literature, art and architecture, economics, language, geography, film, culture and media, international relations, intellectual history, technology and natural sciences
- Informative reading texts - more than 2,500 authentic reading texts with more than 6,800 interactive exercises
- Integrated dictionary – no need to look up words somewhere else
- Dialogue with other learners – in the forum
- Audio texts - to improve pronunciation and emphasis
- Grammar reference - more than 300 tables provide information on grammar
- Four viewing formats – normal, audio, grammar and dictionary
- Integrated Vocabulary Trainer – to optimise the learning process
- eTutor - supports learning and helps with questions and learning problems